Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cooking with Kids

The boys & I love to bake & cook together. I try to get them involved as much as possible. I try to let them add ingredients or stir when I am making something. One of my favorite things is to give them their very own project. I have found these awesome mini cookie sheets. We have used them for cookies & mini pizzas.

For the sugar cookies, they got their own ball of dough. They rolled it out, cut the cookies, & put them on their very own cookies sheet. Then, I layed out bottles of sprinkles & they went to town. It was even more fun because they had their very own cookies that they could decorate anyway they wanted.







The pizzas were about the same, just a little different. I took frozen bread dough & let it defrost & rise. I gave each of the boys a bit & we rolled & stretched it. I put a small spoonful of cornmeal on the bottom of the pan, so that the dough wouldn't stick. They each had an array of toppings to choose from. We did pepperoni, tomato, & bacon. I helped Preston (2 years old) put the sauce on his pizza, but Kaden (4 years old) was able to do it on his own. Then they put the cheese & toppings on their pizza.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...