Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fun Pancakes

I came across a really fun idea for pancakes & just knew that the boys would LOVE it! If I find the original link...I will post it! Here is what they had for breakfast this morning...



First you make your pancake batter. Pour about 1 cup (per color) into a squeeze bottle. I used a squeeze bottle from some honey butter, but the lid kind of got in the way a bit. I am going to go & look for a ketchup & mustard squeeze bottle. Then, add your food coloring.

Draw whatever shape you want on the griddle using your batter from the squeeze bottle. Here I drew the outline for a flag. Here is a tip...draw everything backwards. The first flag I drew ended up backwards when I flipped it.



Then, I filled in with some blue.



Then I used the regular pancake batter to fill in the rest. I found that a Tbsp works best to add the batter.



Then...FLIP...and there you have a colorful flag pancake for the 4th of July! You could also do stars, letters, & anything else...just remember to start it out backwards!




Stay tuned for some 4th of July decorations this week!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

What a fun idea! I'll have to try to remember that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...