Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Prayer Board

We have great intentions in our house to say our prayers every night, but sometimes..we forget. We talked about making prayer rocks, but rocks are hard to find under a couple of FEET of snow. So, Daddy came up with another great idea for a project to do together as a family that will help us remember each night to say our prayers. We also added a little something extra to help us out in the morning to make our beds. I will explain it in a minute, but here is what we made:



I took the boys to Walmart & we bought some small little wood plaques {$.97 each}. I let the boys pick any color that they wanted to paint their plaque. I don't have a vinyl machine or a cricut..so I just found some coordinating paper & printed out what I wanted. On one side it says "Did you PRAY???" & on the other side it says "Make your bed!".

We painted the edges of the boards & then Mod Podged the paper on {top & bottom}. We sanded them down a bit & then Walla! a prayer board to remind us each night to pray. You will put your prayer board on {or under} your pillow to remind you to pray. Afterwards...you will flip it over & put it on the floor. So, when you get out of bed & step onto your board...it will remind you to make your bed & then you put your board back on your pillow.

9 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

super cute! Great idea!

Our Little Family said...

What a NEAT idea!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Headed out shopping tomorrow :) Thanks!

Jamie said...

That is such a great idea!

Andy Porter said...

Hey Tiffany! Just to let you know, I just drew names for the vinyl decal giveaway on Poppies at Play and you are the winner! I'll be announcing it tomorrow on the blog. Can you please email your address to me? I can make the decal out of black white or cream, so let me know which color you'd like and I'll get it sent off. Congrats!

Andy
poppyginger@gmail.com

Rebecca said...

Love this idea! And they came out great!

jennwa said...

Those are fabulous. I think I am going to make the " Did you pray today ? " Right away. Thanks for sharing. Love it.

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

I really like your site. Thank you so much for entering the Get Clean Giveaway on the Thick Decor Chick blog. I am sorry that you did not win. If you have any questions about my products please fell free to call me at 630-262-1007 or go to my website DonahueWellness.MyShaklee.com.

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

I really like your site. Thank you so much for entering the Get Clean Giveaway on the Thick Decor Chick blog. I am sorry that you did not win. If you have any questions about my products please fell free to call me at 630-262-1007 or go to my website DonahueWellness.MyShaklee.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...