Thursday, September 24, 2009

Egg Carton Pumpkins

Today Preston has a Preschool field trip to a pumpkin patch, so we decided to do a pumpkin themed craft. Here is what you need:

green paper
green (or brown) pipe cleaner
orange paint
egg carton (2 cups per pumpkin)
scissors
glue (not pictured)
paint brush (not pictured)
black marker (not pictured)



Cut your egg cups off of the egg carton.



Take 2 egg carton cups & paint the outside with orange paint. Let it dry.



Poke a small hole in the top of one of the cups.



Cut a piece of the pipe cleaner that is 2 inches long & fold it in half.



Twist the ends...leaving the top a loop.



Place glue on the edges of one of the cups.



Glue the cups together & allow to dry. Place the pipe cleaner in the hole on the top. Draw a face on the pumpkin using a marker.



Cut a leaf out of the green paper & glue it on & there you have a cute Jack-0-Lantern.



**Start stocking up on your egg cartons because I have 2 more egg carton crafts coming! Also...keep some milk jugs too!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

I have seen this craft popping up lately and I love it!

Evenspor said...

Cute. We've got lots of egg cartons. Maybe it's time to pull one out for a craft.

themagiconions said...

What a great Halloween project... we'll give it a go for sure... thanks for sharing.
Blessings and magic.

Christie said...

Awww, I love those. I think we could fill our window sill with those.

Sherry said...

Great and detailed tutorial! They are very cute!

Sandy said...

Adorable! This is perfect because I have a ton of egg cartons! Thanks for sharing!

Frugal Sara said...

Ok, these are just so adorable. We will definitely be making them. Thanks for the idea!

jennwa said...

M kids had a blast making those last year. They look so cute sitting around the house.

Vone said...

very cute idea

PinkBalloons&Macaroons said...

cute craft!! :-)I hope you have a fabulous night!! huge hugs!! Britt :-)

Ticio said...

Very nice! Thank a lot, is really simple and funny. I did it with my two year old daughter and was so much fun, I love them!

Rachel@AllFreeHolidayCrafts said...

These are beyond adorable! I just linked to your tutorial from my site. You can view it here:

http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Halloween-Crafts-for-Kids/Egg-Carton-Jack-O-Lanterns

Please let me know if it's okay to link to your projects like this in the future.

Thanks!
Rachel

Tiffany said...

I am so slow at this, but thanks Rachel for linking to my blog. You are welcome to link anything. Thank you for giving me credit for my photo as well. Some people have cropped the photo, but not given credit. Thank you so much!!!

Elisa said...

Obviously this post was written a long time ago, but I just found it today! Here's my idea for making it functional too!

You could make a hole in the bottom of each egg-cup and cut a longer piece of green pipe cleaner instead.
Slide the pipe cleaner through the bottom egg-cup first, firmly curl/bend the pipe-cleaner _underneath_ so it doesn't come out.
Fill the cup with smarties or other small candies.
Thread the top half of the pumpkin/egg-cup onto the pipe cleaner to "close" your pumpkin, and again, curl/bend it so it keeps both halves tightly together.
Then bend the leftover length of pipe cleaner to make your stem, as demonstrated above, and finish the craft without glue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...