Thursday, September 10, 2009

I ♥ playdough cookies!!!

I already posted about THESE COOKIES a while back, but for some reason it was a draft recently. I ♥ these cookies. They are so YUMMY, easy to make. My favorite part is that the kiddos can really be involved. There is nothing better except maybe chocolate. This time I made a double batch because they were gone too fast last time.



Here is the recipe:

The recipe:

3/4 cup butter (softened)
3 oz cream cheese (room temp)
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla (I added 2 tsp)
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1. In large bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, & sugar until fluffy. Add egg & vanilla & mix until smooth.

2. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, & salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir until soft dough forms.

3. Divide dough into fourths (this time I did thirds). Tint each with a different color of food coloring. Wrap each color of dough separately & chill for 2 hours.

4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a small amount of each color & then roll into a snake. Coil the snake starting at one end. Place on cookie sheet & bake for about 8 minutes.

We use these to talk about colors & you can even mix colors to show what they make. I also love how hands on it is. Give it a try!

6 comments:

ashlan said...

Thanks for posting these again. Kennadee has zero hero day on monday and I have to do the treat. playdough cookies are every kingergartners dream. Right!

Moore Minutes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

I have beem wanting to make these for a while! Love the post and great colors!

Frugal Sara said...

Awesome! We will be doing these for sure! Thanks for the idea.

Christie said...

Very nice choice of colors. Haven't made these in a a while but I might need to now. :)

Vone said...

I totally want to try this out. Looks like fun

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...