Friday, June 25, 2010

Preparing for Surgery

Both of my boys are going in to get their tonsils out next month. I have a little experience with surgeries with the boys, but nothing like this. Kaden had eye surgery a few years ago, but he was only out for about a day. When my kiddos think back on their surgery...I want them to remember the good parts. So, I decided to make them each a little care package. Here is what I plan on putting in it:

comfy jammies
a movie
coloring book
crayons

Do you have any other ideas?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Flavored apple sauce! The doctor will give them some great meds but I couldn't swallow any of them. My mom crushed baby tylenol and mixed it will apple sauce for me!

Crystal said...

My son just had adenoid surgery a few weeks ago. The one thing that I think helped was that we "acted" out the surgery. Our ENT gave us a picture book that explained the surgery, so I read that to him a few times and acted out the book. I had him use his doctor kit and operate on his stuffed animals, daddy and me. We then did the same thing. I have pics on my blog as an example...
http://haydenjacobrutherford.blogspot.com/2010/06/preparing-for-surgery.html

Good luck! The first 48 hours after were rough. Be sure to have plenty of yogurt, pudding, ice cream, and anything else cold on hand! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...