Sunday, July 11, 2010

Teddy Bear Picnic Day

I missed Teddy Bear picnic day yesterday. I thought I had the post scheduled, but left it in draft form instead. Sorry. So, a little late, but here it is:

If you haven't had a Teddy Bear Picnic before, you HAVE to! It is so fun. We did Teddy Bear Picnic last year. Invite your Teddy Bear to join in on your picnic.

I am reposting this from August of 2009.

My boys ♥ teddy bears. They both choose teddy bears over any other stuffed animal. I thought that it would be fun to have a Teddy Bear Picnic with them. Plus it would be a GREAT excuse to use one of my NEW TEA SETS. We went to the library & I picked up some bear related stories. For lunch we had:

bear shaped pb&j sandwiches
chips
raisins
bear shaped cookies (I used THIS recipe & pre-cut a bear head out of the sheet of cookie dough...then I put the chocolate chips on for the inside ears, eyes, & nose. I also cut a little smile out. Once they were cooked, I just had to re-cut the bear head shape out.)
apple raspberry juice



The boys had no clue what their "lunch surprise" was. I invited them to grab a very special teddy bear & come outside to the picnic blanket. They were excited to have a picnic & use one of our new tea sets. While they ate their lunch with their "friends", I read them the stories that we got from the library.



Kaden held his teddy bear on his lap the whole time...it was so cute.



Preston named his bear cookie "Mr. Preston Polar Bear".



Tomorrow we are going to do a bear craft...stay tuned!!!

4 comments:

Kaycee Bears said...

How cute! Great that your boys enjoyed it - next time they should invite all of their friends teddy bears too!

Sheri said...

You are such a good mama!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Wonderful idea! Love that you gave the book recommendations. I have a little award for you...http://ellebellesbows.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-bloggers-award.html Thanks for the inspiration!

Shelby said...

Hi Tiffany,

The Teddy Bear Picnic looks so fun! I bet your kids really appreciated the surprise tea party! But I’m sure they would have also had a lot of fun if they had helped you prepare the meal. There are many benefits to cooking and eating meals with your kids, including reinforcing important skills such as teamwork and following directions, and kids who eat family meals are less likely to be obsess. That’s why I work for The Kids Cook Monday, a new program recently launched by the Healthy Monday campaigns, and it encourages families to start off each week with a family-cooked and eaten meal. To learn more about the benefits of preparing and eating meals together, check out our website at http://www.healthymonday.org/the-kids-cook-monday/

We’re looking for families to get involved by cooking meals together each Monday and sharing their experiences on their blogs. If you’re interested in participating, please contact me at TheKidsCookMonday@gmail.com. Thanks!

Mayo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...